Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Almost Finished With My Carbeth Sweater



I am nearly finished knitting Carbeth. It's such a soft and plush sweater. I love the way the shaping looks under the bust. I've been working on the rolled neck. I started off  using a circular needle, but just switched to dpn's. Mine are a bit short to hold nineteen stitches a piece, but if I'm careful, it works. I much prefer the feeling of straight needles to circulars, always have. There is something about the feeling of the wood in my hands that grounds me.


I can't wait to try it on and to see the turtleneck. I only have five more rows to go. I may do extra rows, depending on the fit. I have a long neck.  The designer is petite, and much shorter than I am. I am so glad that I still made a size small. I added more more inches to the body, rather than keeping it cropped at the waist.  I am long waisted. I also made the arms much longer. It's easy to adjust the fit so that it matches your shape perfectly.

Last night I stayed up until 11:00 p.m. I normally go to bed at 9:00 p.m.  I was so excited to keep knitting and reading about the other Carbeths that people have made. It's the kind of sweater that really comes to life once it's on your body.  The simple construction is very flattering and it has lovely diagonal lines. I have a feeling that I will be making another one of these, maybe in red.  How is your knitting going?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar