By now I think everyone has seen the model on the left. It is from a 1/72 Jigabachi AV Model Kit by Kotobukiya. These are now discontinued and very expensive. The Tachikoma that comes with the kit is very detailed, but it is definitely closer to 1/72 scale than the nominally 1/100 scale of 15mm gaming. In case you don't know, in the show the characters can fit in a cramped fashion into the pod in the rear. This can be a handy way to deploy team members to the urban battlefield, or as a rescue compartment in hostage situations.
I managed to acquire the resin kit on the right. I found it on Ebay as part of a resin kit 1/72 Jigabachi model. I asked them to sell me the Tachikoma separately on the chance that it was the same size or smaller than my existing model. After it arrived and I assembled it I found that it is a bit smaller, so much more accurate for 15mm gaming. It's a garage kit made out of resin, so it has its flaws, but with some careful trimming it looks pretty good. I've seen as many as 6 or 9 Tachikomas at Section 9 headquarters, but they often deploy in smaller numbers. I'm thinking 4 of these would be sufficient, so I placed an order for 3 more. I'm undecided on whether to keep the larger model or sell it.
If you're interested, email modelkitonline@gmail.com. I paid $15 with shipping for the first one and $30 with shipping for the next 3 (the international shipping via economy is about $8). Please do me a favor and mention that you heard about this through me (Mark Kinsey) and perhaps they'll do me a solid. Maybe I need a few more, I think one painted in gray primer like the one above might make a cool thermoptic camo (invisible) version.

0 Yorumlar